Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Friday, January 27, 2012

Blackeyed Peas Just Because :)

Black Eyed Peas w/Grass Fed Stew Beef

Yummy Yummy !!!
Here is a cozy recipe that will warm your heart and tummy.
This is so easy its silly.

Ingredients needed
*2 lbs grass fed organic stew beef (you can use ground organic beef too)
*1lb dried black eyed peas
*Jalapenos chopped*optional
*1 lg onion chopped
*2 garlic cloves diced
*smoked paprika  1 tablespoo
*garlic powder 1 tablespoon
*dash of cayenne pepper * optional
*sea salt
*1 cup water





*6 cups of hot water
(if you use cold it will start the peeling process on the blackeyed peas when the water hits the warm  b e peas)
*cilantro 1/2 cup chopped
*carrots 1 cup thin sliced


sort and rinse beans follow instructions for quick soak method on pkg
set aside to soak
get crock pot on high and ready
brown beef and place in crock pot
saute onions place in crock pot
coarsely chop jalapenos place in crock pot
sprinkle smoked paprika, garlic powder dash or 2 of cayenne
add sea salt 
cover and let start to cook a few minutes when you hear a sizzle add water
cook about 2 hours
 add soaked and rinsed and drained black eyed peas
add 6 cups very hot water
*I put mine in micro to boil then added it to crock pot

add cilantro
cook for 4 to 5 hrs on high total
add carrots last hour of cooking
cook until beans are tender and take off lid to get to desired consistency


serve over brown rice in your bowl
that is garlic ezekiel toast with that bowl of b e peas to the right here
dash of tabasco is fun
if spice isn't your thing omit hot spicy ingredients
use organic anything when possible 
you could add everything in the beginning all at once and stir and cook however I prefer it in stages


Happy Eating
Coach Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers