Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Monday, November 1, 2010

How Much Is Too Much ?

I am occasionally confronted with someone who would say its too expensive to eat good.Yes there are somethings that can be pricey.Start somewhere...eliminate the worst things first then build on it... But I thought I would share a few thoughts on this. I eat Ezekiel breads, the sliced bread the hamburger buns and the occasional hot dog bun(not my fave)...yes I said hot dog-by the way there are all beef ones @ Trader Joe's that have no nitrates nitrites or preserv or msg in them . The Ezekiel bread in Trader Joe's for $3.49 compared to a regular whole grain 7 grain 9 grain 12 grain that can be as high as $4 and change...I also get a 100% rye bread w flax seed @ Sprouts..it is $4.59...while the Jewish Rye that I USED to get was that and more depending where I bought it... I keep them all in the refrigerator to make them last long...about once a week I pick up 3 organic bananas it was .87 cents @ Trader Joe's the other day.I shop between Trader Joe's and Sprouts mostly...and occasionally I make the trek to the east side to the Whole Foods there...here's some more ....I paid $2.29 for organic no preservatives added etc spaghetti sauce in a jar...$1.99 for 0rganic chopped frozen spinach...organic plums 5 for $2.06 ...So my suggestion is this ...there should be a standard list you will not compromise with ...for me it is all fruits,  romaine lettuce , spinach, carrots, tomatoes, onions, celery, cucumbers and definitely bell peppers as they retain the pesticides more in the skin ...find a store that suits your needs best ...it may be 3 stores you have to go to but oh well ...I would rather eat good but eat less and feel better than piling my cart with potatoes chips cookies ice cream ....things that don't bring life to you ... or to be trying to keep straight 14 medicine bottles and get no where while doing so...when we don't buy good food it shows and we feel it in our bodies...when I shopped before I changed my eating lifestyle I would waste money on preservative filled processed  food that we shouldn't even put in our mouth anyway...we do it and think nothing of it ...we have been taught by our society to go with whats fast and easy and cheapest...again you get what you pay for...basically I have learned a little thought before you shop goes a long way...be a planner ...set yourself up for success by buying things on sale when you can preparing food then freezing small portions so you have go to quick meals ...at the end of the day IF YOU WANT TO BE SMALL THEN EAT SMALL...IF YOU WANT TO BE BIG ...GO AHEAD THEN EAT BIG...juss sayin...Peace Coach Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers