Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Nothing Here Is Rocket Science

Happy New Year 2012
Many new resolutions are made New year New You !!!.We just have to resolve to take things in stride and stay focused.
If losing weight is a goal then set out to try something everyday to change remove or fix why we might be over weight such as eating better and exercising.

Recently during the holidays I noticed that when traveling one could easily cave in to bad food.
I made a conclusion on this trip that your options are very very limited and planning better needs to be a priority.

I've taken snacks such as homemade trail mix veggie sticks almond butter n jelly , apples and bananas before. However this last trip on the way home I was just ready to get home and didn't make a great effort to plan. Stopping in truck stops and even the GREAT BUC-EE'S gas stop have no options for me as a healthy choice eater.
I found myself in  a room filled with people and products. Yes products is more like it .All of which have sooooo much chemicals additives and things that are far from a good choice.
 I was looking around at people.You would think they were getting a sandwich made of gold or a jerky made with out sodium sulfate.

 Buzzing with business this place is off the charts .
If you have never been to a Buc-ee's you don't understand what I mean.

It has the cleanest bathrooms and TONS of food options and no tractor trailers are allowed in the parking lot so its all a very clean and family atmosphere. Also the typical snack foods, chips, candy,gatorade, soda, coffee etc.
I was able to come out with raw almonds in individual snack size pkg.and pumpkin seeds that only had salt added to it.
 They did have apples and bananas but they did not look great, they looked old.
Even though they were not organic I would have considered it had it looked better.
Everything is dominated with wheat....wheat bread .white flour (wheat ). and every chemical and additive allowed by our wonderful FDA .
My goal here is NOT to bash Buc-ee's but to bring attention to what we've become. A society that mindlessly puts things in our mouth that we call food.
I was saddened as to how excited the people were in the anticipation of what they were gonna eat.
That my friends is why America is obese and having health issues .Cancer at younger and younger ages. Celiac's disease (gluten intolerance re:wheat) Autism, Alzheimer's and the list goes on and on.
I believe these "things" we've allowed in our foods over the last few decades is our problem.
Its like we have been lulled into accepting this and most people never even look at a ingredients label or care.
After this moment I had it made me realize I must PLAN more and bring a better cooler with a few things to get me through the long trips I take sometimes.
Timing is everything.If you can project and calculate a eta for the cities you will be traveling through then you will know if you can possibly get food at a local eatery there and what is available to you.Yes that takes some thought but well worth it when your standing in a store filled with food and you have almonds and pumkin seeds to ring up .

A perfect world to me would be everything is organic and I never have to compromise.But that is never gonna happen.You are the odd man out usually.

I usually bring ezekiel bread products such as hamburger buns or sesame bread slices I toast them ahead let them cool down and put them in a baggie or two so when I need to have a chicken breast sandwich or a hamburger I have that option avaiable to me.(I am able as a blood type O to have that I of course forgo the sauces and cheeses offered with them)
.I do not eat fast food out when at home so when traveling its a option for sustanaince I accept.
For instance...On my last trip my husband had a chicken (grillled) filet with lettuce and tomato from chick-fila he swapped out the bun and he was in business.
I on the other hand had the grilled chicken garden salad with a wee bit basalmic vinagrette
Compromise YES but bad choice NO.

I never used to think this way but if I wanted to make the changes to eat healthy this stands as a reminder the rest of the world doesn't want to.

It can be done and you will succeed. You just have to plan it and think a little .

* A"quality" cooler
*specific foods to help with meals for me-blood type O friendly
almond butter, preserves, salad dressings - homemade ,ezekiel breads, allowable cheeses (I can have goat feta and mozzerella) crackers-made from brown rice
*homemade trail mix-organic cranberries(no sulfites), raisins, raw almonds,pumpkin seeds,walnuts
* fruits, vegetables-carrots, celery, apples, bananas, etc
* look in the area for available restaurants and the menus from on line: the times open etc.(print out and pack)

A well kept cooler at appropriate temps will allow me to make a sandwich or a salad that I made ahead of time.
Nothing here is rocket science but all of us are use to the old way of quick easy and convenient.
PLANNING is everything. That way you are not forced to compromise your new standard of eating healthy.
Set yourself up for success.

You can eat your way out of it one bite at a time if you resolve to.

YOU CAN DO IT !!!

Happy Eating !!!
Coach Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers