Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Corned Beef Left Overs = Reuben

Corned beef used to be a old time favorite from the past .
Eating products that have a lot of chemicals in it is something that I do my best to avoid.However I came across Corned Beef from Trader Joe's with no msg nitrates or nitrites last march.
I tried it and I loved it and went back for more and found it to be a seasonal thing and would have to wait until next march for it to have again .
Oddly enough I remembered it was that time...to start looking for the corned beef and stock up on it.
A Few weeks ago I saw it and snatched up 4 packages.
O sooo yummy .
Yesterday was St .Patricks Day and I made in the crock pot corned beef and organic cabbage & carrots about a 1-2 cups of water and covered for the day and I made sweet potatoes in a pot on the stove.Just regular boiled  and chunky ...light colored (not the orange ones).
It was very very yummy.

Today was the left overs.


A REUBEN sandwich.
Ingredients were all blood type o friendly.

Sliced corned beef
organic sauerkraut
homemade thousand island dressing
goat cream cheese
100% rye bread (not made with wheat flour )
 home made 1000 island dressing

1/3 cup vegenaise (grapeseed)
1/3 cup organic ketchup
1 tablespoons each finely chopped red onion celery
4 olives finely chopped
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
                  a dash of cayenne and black pepper


































HAPPY EATING
Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra - sounds YUMMY! I have to say, the dressing sounds FABULOUS! Vegenaise is the mayo I've found that most closely resembles the full fat Hellmann's mayo. I'll definitely make this! Might try it with kimchee, too. :-)
    Love, C

    ReplyDelete

Followers