Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Who Says Lunch Can't Be Special ?

Roasted broccoli and asparagus
Curry Quinoa
Baby Romaine Salad

Roasted Veggies

organic broccoli and asparagus washed and trimmed tossed w organic olive oil sea salt pepper
I used my convection oven setting @ 400* about 20 minutes-until lightly browning-
I also turn oven off and let set in there to keep warm till I'm ready to plate it but keep an eye on it as all ovens are not created equal.

Curry Quinoa

Usually I saute onions and carrots and sometimes cilantro but this time it was very very simple

2 cups of low sodium Organic Chicken Broth
1 cup of Organic Bob's Red Mills Quinoa
dash of garlic powder/salt /pepper and about 1-2 teaspoons of curry powder(to taste)
bring to boil lower flame keep covered -simmer about 15 minutes
when liquid is almost absorbed turn off heat and keep covered
this time I added diced
Trader Joe's Andouille Chicken Sausage (no msg,nitrates ,nitrites,or preservatives)
I find when you want to add something to quinoa you can either do it when its almost done cooking or you can 1/2 way through put your chopped whatever in ...stir lightly and cover back up to finish
I have made it w/out the sausage before and because of my love for curry it was great also

Baby Romaine Salad

organic baby romaine
feta cheese
organic cranberries dried unsulfured
slivered raw organic almonds

homemade balsamic dressing
2 tbs organic olive oil
1 tsp organic balsamic vinegar
1 tbs any spicy brown mustard  or grey poupon
1 tsp organic honey
2 drops of liquid stevia (if u want)
course pepper

whisk together ...yummy ...


This was such a treat and because Quinoa is a protein/grain it was very filling

Later I will post a picture (having trouble with my phone/camera)of the Cranberry pkg so you know what it looks like and you can ask for it if your stores do not carry it
it does have organic cane sugar and organic sunflower oil in it but it has NO SULFUR DIOXIDE so it is dried with out chemicals...YAHOO !!!

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers