Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Friday, May 13, 2011

This is for the challenged B T A's

Hi there ..was hoping to post this sooner but life happens.
Blood type A's are a challenge as the major avoids for them are hard to eliminate from a typical daily menu.
Some of those avoids are peppers ...all types ...red green yellow and jalapeno ...the other major is tomatoes and ALL potatoes...YIKES !!!
This is definately a challenge .
Some side dishes I recommend :
Quinoa (pronounced-keenwa)
Brown rice
Pasta-brown rice pasta -semolina pasta (occasionally)

Quinoa

A simple recipe to cook quinoa - I use Bobs Red Mill (Organic)

2 cups chicken broth/turkey broth/or veggie broth
1 cup quinoa
the simplest way to make this is to cook it like you would rice ...bring to boil then lower to a simmer cover stir 1x during about 15-20 minutes of cooking -turn heat off (once broth is almost absorbed )cover let set for a few min.

to make it special it can vary with spices and chopped sauteed veggies etc
so you could saute chopped onions/garlic and chopped carrots in olive oil
then when its all done right before you serve it chopped cilantro

my favorite is curry spice with sauteed onions and cilantro

eating this cold is a good side also
after cooling completely you could add chopped veggies (allowable for A's) such as
asparagus  broccoli cucumber even chopped raw spinach
feta cheese
spices could be
cumin curry paprika basil parsley
create flavors of your liking putting spices in it while it cooks or after its cooked ...or both :)

Brown Rice
can be made doing the same method per brown rice cooking directions then adding spices and chopped veggies its just like a pilaf ...you can even add sliced almonds in it.

Pastas
cooked the way you like.brown rice pastas take some getting used to but you will find it easier as you cook it more...be carefull not to over cook the brown rice pasta
this is my FAVORITE pasta

since tomatoe sauce isnt happening for A's
alternatives are
olive oil garlic parsley
basil olive oil garlic(to taste) pesto
a dollup of low fat sour cream (allowed for A's -lucky you ), garlic and chopped fresh basil
all sprinkled with mozzarella cheese if you wanted
just a dab will do - be sensible about calories
sea salt of course
Eat Big Be Big
Eat Small Be Small


Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers