Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Friday, November 11, 2011

Life Happens and Im Just Being Real

I'm so sorry I'm not too good at this when I get visitors and vacations etc .
Seems like I get too out of routine and I have to remind myself I have a blog.
Life happens and I am just being real .
I will be at normal speed again soon.
I still jog and eat correctly. I'm just enjoying the visit from my sister from SC.

@ Arcangela's request
I am posting this BRINE I use to marinate my turkey and chicken with before I roast them.


Once you taste the difference you will never do with out it again.
Even if you only have 1 hour to soak it do it.
BRINE:

1 onion sliced
1 lemon sliced (could use a orange but bto its a not a option)
1 cup of turbinado sugar (not white)
1 cup kosher salt
garlic cloves- minced

Spices :
(all about what you like and can have - be creative)
Bay leaves
pepper corn
red pepper flakes
cinnamon sticks
whole cloves

Mix and melt salt and sugar in about 4 or 5 cups of water in micro or on stove top
(Your basically making a simple syrup)
I have a great big bowl I put all the spices lemons etc in and I fill it with ice cubes .I then pour the salt and sugar mixture once melted and cooled a bit into the bowl .
The brine MUST be cold when you place meat in it.

Have a spot pegged out for where you will place it in your frig waiting.
Always cover it with a plastic wrap to keep the moisture in .

Ideal time would be 2 - 4 hours you could even go to 6  but i find the 3 - 4 works well.

When your ready to roast the meat rinse the meat off and pat dry.
Place it in your roasting pan and sprinkle some Olive Oil and a little bit of sea salt and pepper .
Roast as you would normally do for what ever meat it is until browning happens .
This is the only way I make turkey breast bone in or chicken bone in.

*Always use organic when possible in any ingredients you use

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers