Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Biddeh Biddeh Biddep...Thats All Folks

So today I went to a lecture / seminar on health and nutrition.Most of it I agreed with . As I listened I found that there was just a few gaps that would make me believe my way of eating is right on. For instance the speaker talked about limiting starches and not eating pastas at all and that a veggie is a better replacement.
In the short run that could be true but I would miss pasta way too much and believe it is a unrealistic life style .When asked the question about gluten she had nothing good to say about it .Gap #1... didn't offer a answer of an alternative for pasta which would be brown rice pasta or qunioa pasta etc ...Gap #2 No mention of bread at all ...how can we do life without bread ? obvious alternative is Ezekiel bread ...brown rice bread etc etc no one I think realized she was saying  NO PASTAS AND NO BREAD...This speaker had something in a bottle for all the different things we have trouble with when facing weight loss.Something for stress something for energy and sleep...
 I felt like she was a walking commercial for these products and giving the typical American a pill for every dilemma...there was even a fiber pill to make you feel full so you eat less and was asked if the vitamins were all natural she back stepped a bit to say no that some were synthetic (a slight contradiction to her go natural ).
Most all problems you have as a heavy person go away when you lose the weight and your eating right makes you healthy...its that simple....it can be very intimidating when you just get started...you Do Not have to buy any special vitamin or helpers to lose weight...really its just buying good food that is right for your blood type and exercise. buying things as you want to along the way is great but to lose weight its just not necessary to spend all kinds of money hoping it works ...KEEP IT SIMPLE AT FIRST AND GET A GROOVE ...then you can look at other things along the way...
So my take on the lecture as a whole she was right about some things and weak about others ...getting to foods that are closest to the natural source check* no diuretics and artificial stimulants or sweeteners to get you to loose weight check*... no processed foods and eat organic check*
I approached the speaker at the end and said I am a success story on the eat for your blood type lifestyle and had lost 83 pounds doing so.
Earlier someone asked a question about eat for your blood type diet and she nicely shrugged  it off saying she didn't know anyone who did it that was successful and she was sorry the flyer lead us to believe that she would talk about it ...it was a typo she said...I slipped my card to the lady who asked that and told her that it worked for me . I hope she looks at my blog .I didn't want to make a scene or steal the speakers spot light but I almost wish I did.
What made me a success was my determination to win and the combination of 4 things.
 I didn't have a table full of things "to buy" and take...
 #1 I simply took my vitamins that I always took
#2 I grabbed the list of foods I should eat /stayed far away from things that I shouldn't eat for blood type O (like wheat , corn and white potatoes)
#3 I drank green tea
#4 exercised .
and  biddeh biddeh biddep ...thats all folks :)
Happy Eating ...Peace ...Coach Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers