Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Saturday, June 18, 2011

This Past Week I Made Tostadas

I start to think about more things to cook as I go along in this journey and so the other day I thought
why haven't I made tostada's ??? 
because I miss them .
Instead of the usual soft tacos (ezekiel) I put a couple of tablespoons of light olive oil in a small frying pan and heated it up and pan fried the shells flat till they looked crispy .
Then I put all the fixins on it that I would if it were regular tacos with exception of the refried black beans (black beans already mashed in can).
my grocery list for this is:
Ezekiel Soft Small Tortillas
Black Refried Beans
mozzarella cheese
chopped red onion, cilantro, tomatoes(not A's), jalapenos(not A's), shredded or chopped carrots, romaine lettuce or spinach
I also made Spanish Style Rice to go with this
It varies what I do here but normally I put garlic smoked paprika and some chopped cilantro 
you could put cumin too if you wanted or even a dash of chili powder if your blood type allowed.
And then a small dab of butter added at the end before serving.
I use the frozen already ready organic brown rice from Trader Joe's Its just the right amount for my husband and I and maybe a little left over for the next days lunch.
Brown Rice Tortillas made into Chips -
recipe to this is on the right hand side of my blog -just scroll down a bit
Salsa- I use Trader Joe's Organic salsa if I don't make my own w organic stewed tom w cilantro and jalapenos
(blood type A can not have any kind of peppers or tomatoes)
Taco Meat
you don't even have to have meat you could skip this of you wanted
Beef (b t O)
Turkey or Chicken (b t A and O)
chili powder garlic powder sea salt paprika you could use cumin and smoked paprika instead of the chili powder for b t A's
You could even make hard taco shells by holding the sides in the frying pan folded into a taco shape and then set the other side . Its time consuming but its a treat to have every so often.
Mind you I almost NEVER fry anything however to have something in true moderation allows us to be real and feel normal .
If you are wanting to not add too many calories than skip the frying part and just enjoy soft ezekiel taco shells .
Alternate Salsa for A's ...
black beans (drained and rinsed)
corn
chopped red onion
cilantro
celery and even cucumber finely chopped
dash of cumin
sea salt




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers