Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Blood Type "O" friendly Buffalo Chicken Sammie

SORRY SORRY SORRY ...I have been way too slack on BLOGGING ...I have had the summer shut in lazy/sickness.
Not being able to jog outside for over a month has gotten to me ...Our summers are like the east coast and midwest winters...not one soul wants to step out in the extreme weather we have here in the desert.
Great example is last night @10pm it was still 104* ...wayyyyy tooo hot.
I hope we will see some break here soon.
I'm ready to run run run run run...(like tracey chapmans song).

Lets get back into the swing of this...been working on some recipes...trying to master pizza dough with out using wheat and exploring new recipes for foods that we all love and miss.
For instance today I made a Buffalo Chicken Sammie...YUMMO...
I don't eat anything that has processed ingredients in it for the most part ...ok maybe 97%, but I try to explore with old time fav's and create the same flavors with new and improved ingredients.
Ingredient list
Ezekiel Bread lightly toasted
Romaine Lettuce
Vegenaise (grapeseed)approx 2 Tb
Hot sauce of your choice (I used srirachi)approx 1tsp (to taste)
Already seasoned and cooked chicken tenders cut in 1/2very carefully (about 1 1/2 ch.tender)
Veggie Root Chips (trader joes)
Not too long ago I had chicken tenders that I already cooked up and had frozen in portion size ready to grab n eat. A couple of times a month I cook up tenders with allowed bto spices and freeze them.
That way I have something quick and ready.
I was hungry and decided to just grab a portion of tenders out of the freezer and I created a sauce that was yummy . I put vegenaise(grapeseed) and srirachi sauce together and dipped the tenders in it.a buffalo wing kinda flavor with ranch all in one spot.
So today I was spontaneous and thawed the tenders out in micro and cut them in1/2 ...toasted the sesame ezekiel bread ...made buffalo mayo/sauce and spread it on the bread ...romaine lettuce  and viol la...the flavors are all there except the chicken is Not breaded processed garbage and the buff mayo sauce has the flavors & spice that you might find in a restaurants version of buffalo chicken sandwich...a very tasty healthy sammie
I hope you enjoy it
Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers